Michigan State University’s social media accounts are maintained in order to provide information about the University and share University stories, news, and highlights. MSU welcomes comments on these pages, but encourages civil discourse. In order to promote civil discourse, certain categories of speech may be removed.
A comment may be removed if it:
- Incites violence.
- Contains fighting words, true threats, or demonstrates an imminent intent to harm or assault.
- Constitutes or encourages illegal activity.
- Constitutes harassment.
- Contains profanities or obscene language.
- Promotes a business or commercial transaction.
- Promotes a candidate campaigning for election.
- Violates the intellectual property rights—such as copyright or trademark infringement—of any other party.
- Compromises the safety or security of MSU community members or the public.
- Michigan State University also may remove "spam" or other off-topic comments that are generated or appear to have been generated by "social bots" (i.e., content posted by automated software or "bots").
Michigan State University is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, comments posted on this site by visitors. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information they post on this page.